The Deneault Legacy

The Deneault Legacy

Friday, November 16, 2012

Generation I: Chapter I

Day One

So much has happened in such a short time. It's hard to believe that only a few days ago, I had a comfortable bed and lived with my family in comfort and relative peace. It all happened so fast... hm, I should start at the beginning: that is, of course, why they call it the beginning.

Nicole Deneault • Founder
Young Adult Vampire
Traits: Brave • Neat • Artistic • Charismatic • Ambitious
Favorites: Indie • O Positive • Black
Scorpio

My name is Nicole Deneault. I had only just reached adulthood, the age at which I can marry. My parents were Kathryn and Damian Deneault, two of the richest and most well known vampires in all of France. My name means nothing now. Our family is gone, burned to ashes when the townsfolk turned against us all. My mother snuck me into a friend's car before it was too late, and I left the fire that consumed my family, my life, behind.

Basements are apparently cheaper than walls. No idea why.


All I have now are the clothes on my back, and some money I gained from a combination of the family friend who took me here, across the sea, and mugging someone. When you're a vampire, it's a little easier to do things like that, after all. I found a lot to live on, built a small basement to hide within. The bad thing about being a vampire is, I ended up needing four walls: sunlight, after all, is terrible for us. I had enough left over for a toilet, and a sink, and a sleeping bag. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to this.

Mother always said I had a way with people. I intend to put that to good use here in Sunlit Tides. Who thought it was a good idea to bring a vampire to a place called "Sunlit" Tides, I'll never understand. Fortunately, there was a job opening nearby, for a journalist. They started me out at the bottom of the food chain, so to speak, but that's alright. I'll work my way up, I'm sure.

Getting a job!

Now we have to learn how to write.


I spent the last bits of my day meeting others in the parks nearby and practicing my writing skills. No one particularly caught my interest: this place is awfully boring for supposedly being a top vacation spot. I suppose that doesn't matter much. I'll find friends: I have a way with people, after all, or so I keep telling myself. Maybe the truth is, others just tolerate me.

On the way home, I took a trip to the grocery store. It was right across the street from the library, making it an easy side trip. I bought some plasma fruit and a couple other vegetables Sims like, hoping I might be able to grow some and sell the crop for extra money on the side. This basement is going to get on my nerves eventually, and I would like a fridge and a stove at some point.

Magic walls~!
It's been a long day, and I start work tomorrow. Maybe something good will come of this. I miss France already, but I think maybe in some way, I always will.

C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment